Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 8, 2013 - Soy Ginger Wings

Tom has chicken wings on the brain almost all the time and the odds are usually pretty good he'll order them whenever we're out to eat if they are on the menu... so I have been experimenting with various recipes to try and find some good options to make at home for him.

I made this batch using Mark Bittman's basic wing technique from his "How To Cook Everything" cookbook which I think is FANTASTIC. One of the things I love about the book is the way he provides so many options/alternatives for basic recipe ingredients as well as many variations on how to change up recipes with completely different flavors. Case in point - depending on what you have in the house, classic buffalo wings can easily change to soy ginger OR honey mustard OR chile lime OR beer butter!

I should note that Tom wasn't actually home to try these - I was the guinea pig and ate them all myself - but I give 'em two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment